The recipes below link to how-to videos on our YouTube cooking series, Flippin’ Greek! ™, to show you how we do it in our kouzina. Join us!
We used leftover rotisserie chicken and souvlaki-seasoned it to make this irresistible dip with feta with Greek yogurt. An American classic just got the Greek flip!
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
BAKING TIME: about 25 minutes
SERVINGS: 10 to 12
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Pinch Aleppo pepper
Pinch garlic powder
1 cup 2% or 5% Greek yogurt
1 cup crumbled Greek feta cheese
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped scallions
1/2 cup jarred buffalo sauce
1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
Pita chips, for serving
1. Make Souvlaki Chicken: In a bowl, stir together the chicken, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, Aleppo pepper, and garlic powder until combined well. Set aside.
2. In a food processor, pulse together the yogurt, feta, olive oil, and scallions until creamy, about 45 seconds.
3. Heat oven to 350°F. Place the yogurt-feta mixture in a heatproof glass baking dish, add the buffalo sauce and dill, and stir until combined. Stir in the chicken until combined well and spread out evenly. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly golden around edges. Serve hot with pita chips.
For our grand finale, we Greeked up a dry rub and glaze for wings that are moist and delicious inside, crisp and scrumptious outside. Serve with our Feta Dip to score big at the menu end zone. Flippin’ Greek wing it!
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING/BAKING TIME: 1 hour 10 minutes
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3 1/2 pounds chicken wings, separated at the joint, tips discarded
1 cup 2% or 5% Greek yogurt
3/4 cup crumbled Greek feta (4 ounces)
2 scallions, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/2 to 1 teaspoon chopped pepperoncini (to taste)
Pinch sea salt
3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons Metaxa brandy
1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
Sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Make Chicken Wings: Arrange rack in upper third of oven and heat to 400°F. Grease a large baking sheet or line with a silicone mat.
2. In a shallow bowl, combine the baking powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pat the wings with paper towels until very dry. Toss the wings in the spice mixture until coated evenly. Arrange on prepared baking sheet in a single layer, 1 inch apart. Bake 30 minutes, turn over, and cook about 30 minutes more, until golden brown and crisp.
3. Meanwhile, make Feta Dip: In a medium bowl, stir together all the dip ingredients until combined well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Make Honey-Brandy Glaze: In a small saucepan, combine the honey, olive oil, orange juice, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until combined well, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley and brandy. Cover and set aside.
5. Dip the cooked wings in the glaze until coated evenly, allowing excess to drip back into saucepan. Return coated wings to baking sheet, arranging in a single layer, sprinkle with sesame (if using), and bake 5 minutes more, until golden brown. Serve with Feta Dip, lemon wedges, and garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
Recipes copyright © Kukla's Kouzina
I hope you enjoyed our Super Game-Day ChicEats recipes. Join us next week as we heart up our menu in Valentine It Greek—a champagne toast and four courses that will turn your table into a Greek-style dining-out luxury served in the cozy comfort of home!
Sign up for our e-newsletter (if you haven’t already) and stay connected on social media for cooking tips and recipes, as well as for all Kukla's Kouzina updates and news.
Thanks for following us and we’ll see you here and on YouTube next Monday!
Kali orexi! Good appetite!
ABOUT Kukla’s Kouzina Flippin’ Greek! ™
Flippin’ Greek! ™ is our YouTube cooking series featuring familiar non-Greek recipes we flipped to Greek-island style using ingredients and cooking techniques found in Karpathos. Each episode runs 2 to 15 minutes, the perfect length for viewers to quickly learn how to recreate foods and beverages/cocktails right alongside us.
The ingredients used in Greek-island cuisine is what sets this style of cooking apart from standard Greek fare, giving meals a fresh take that keeps them interesting. Karpathos, the home of Kukla’s Kouzina, has its own unique style, and we’ll show you how to take common dishes and reinvent them into Karpathian versions with our simple substitutions.
Many think that everyday Greek cooking is made up of dishes like spanakopita (spinach pie), moussaka, and pastitsio. These are classics for sure, but too time-consuming to make on a regular basis. During our time in Karpathos, we learned that the locals’ quick meals made from the island’s staples like fresh vegetables, fruit, herbs, spices, and protein, prepared using certain methods, came out tasting Greek-island delicious. So we thought this would be a great way to bring our hometown flavor into YOUR kouzina, adding some spicy variety to your life while keeping it simple and fast. Recipes for each week will be posted right here on our blog with links to the episodes.
Web design by Kelly Salonica Staikopoulos